Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Website Shoutout

Here are a couple of sites you might not know about, that I like:
http://www.billkeefe.com/
http://agreater.us
Please post sites I should check out in the comments section and I might give them a review in the future.
I find out about both of these sites by the creators sending a message through the "Contact Me" button on www.centristalliance.com (Thank you Alan Hyman for setting that up). I called both of these gentleman on the phone and spoke with them.
Bill Keefe wrote a book which is posted on his site and which I've read through called W.A.Y. "Wisdom is Always Yours." I found the words very inspiring. He says I am on a Hero's Journey. I believe the entire earth and our country especially, is going through a time of transition. It is our duty as citizens to help this transition occur in the more peaceful way possible.
Jon Denn from agreater.us has created a site where users can rank bills. I have not had time to do this yet. I just found out about this site this week. He wants as many people as possible on the site ranking bills. The top three bills would be merged together into a "Greater Bill." The idea is that the ideas that rise to the top are the issues that citizens care about the most. So, log in and start ranking today!

Alright, I also wanted to write a little bit about what I accomplished today. I sent out a newsletter really promoting David's page on Americans Elect. Then, I updated David's page on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Coolnation/David_Jon_Sponheim.
Finally, I changed the settings here on my blog.
During our BlogTV show, I started by unbanning about 10 people. I avoid unbanning the obvious trolls, but I do plan on unbanning 10 people a day until all but the obvious trolls are on the ban list. I figure that we can re-ban those 10 people if they come in again. I did have one of those unbanned come in and naysay our show, but he was kicked out by one of our Ops.
Speaking of Ops, I have been de-opping people that have not been in our show for a while. I spent the entire show doing that tonight, removing anyone who doesn't have a recognizable username. I think that going in this direction will make for a more interactive show.

No comments: