Monday, February 13, 2012

Taking back my blog

After I went to the Americans Elect conference in San Ramon, I was going to change this into a co-blog dedicated to Americans Elect. Since, I've had no takers and there are other AE blogs out there, I'm going to take over this space again as my personal blog. This way, I'm likely to post more often and I'll feel more likely to be myself. I'll still blog about AE, but it won't always be pretty and superfluous. I actually have a lot to say about ways to make Americans Elect better, but I'll save that for another entry.

For now, I'll focus on my to do list for America's Third Party.
Today, I plan on uploading our book, "Hybrid Capitalism," to Create Space, Amazon's paperback/ hard copy edition company. David did order another book from www.blurb.com just to keep it listed in their store. I would advise any authors to not go through that company. Use Microsoft Word until you are ready to publish, and go through Amazon instead.

Once the book is uploaded, I will send out a newsletter. I really need to push David's candidate page on AE: www.tinyurl.com/votedjs - I made that tinyurl link yesterday, in time for David's weekly video. I hope they don't change the URL like Votocracy did when they got started.

Another thing I need to do is update the page I createdt for David back in 2008 on Wikipedia. I didn't realize people still access it, since it is not really a main page link, but I got advice about it yesterday. I need to add a picture and lay out bullet points. It makes sense to update David's bio since he is now a published author.

The person who gave me the advice, Philip Armstrong, offered to help me increase my social media presence so we could get David more support clicks on AE, for a fee. I am considering it, after I run it by David.

In the meantime, I have invested in www.ning.com and brought our community back online http://americasthirdparrty.ning.com -when I send out the newsletter, I'll send it to the members on there as well, with a message to start using that again. After a month, I will check activity and ask them to "use it or lose it" since I have limited membership ability on there for now.

I also need to reach out to the media. Local media is going to be my focus this week. I'll start with newspapers and go from there. That will keep me busy for a while.

Yersterday, I started using twittert. I feel a little odd since I am using the @ThirdParty account, which is supposed to be David's account. I never made one of my own. It's OK, since I'm just using it for campaigning.

Enough writing for now, I better get going.

No comments: