Monday, June 18, 2012

J programming language

Have you heard of the J programming language? It is based on APL and closely related to K. As a novice, I find this very easy to work with. Here is a link to their chapter on learning Object Oriented Programming: http://www.jsoftware.com/help/learning/25.htm
It is definitely different than C++ and Java, which I plan on learning as well to better participate in the lingua franca most programmers have developed. Yet, in many ways, I feel that C++ and Java have become some big that it is difficult for a novice like me to dig in. Plus, I feel they have strayed far from machine code so much that they become bulky and take more processing to implement.
If you look into solving problems on www.projecteuler.net, J takes much less written code to solve these than does C++. So, my plan is to study J and C++ and Java. I have a feeling my favorite will be J.

No comments: